Built on or about 1958, Emerald Court Cooperative occupies approximately 84,544 square feet of property and include walkways, parking spaces and court yards. The buildings themselves occupy approximately 36% of the site which means there are plenty of beautiful trees and patches of grass for the residence to enjoy.
Two buildings with eight individual entrances and 57 apartments, including the superindendent's, and 58 parking spaces, make up the basic profile of the property. There are no garages. In addition, there are many storage rooms, an oil tank room, two laundry rooms, one workshop, one boiler room, a superintendent’s apartment and four gas and electric (meter) rooms.
Emerald Court Cooperative is located in Yonkers, NY which was founded in 1646 by Adriaen Van der Donck, whose title “Jonkheer” (Dutch for “young gentleman”) became the city’s name. Yonkers served as the administrative center for the vast Philipse manor estate until the American Revolution. Incorporated as a village in 1855 and a city in 1872, Yonkers’ location ensured its rise during the nineteenth century as a leading industrial center. Yonkers residents Elisha Graves Otis invented the safety elevator, Edwin Armstrong the FM radio, Leo Baekeland "bakelite," and Charles T. Harvey the first elevated train. Long known as the “City of Gracious Living” for its fine neighborhoods, Yonkers is home to golf in America (1888), Riverfest, the second oldest annual marathon in the country (Boston is oldest), and the Untermyer Performing Arts Festival.
Emerald Court, Inc.
836-840 Palisade Avenue
Yonkers, NY 10703
|Property Managed by Librett Real Estate Group